This recipe is super easy, and is also perfect for making with children, to help them gain confidence in the kitchen. Once cool, store the cookies in an airtight container. The cookies are also suitable for freezing and are delicious crumbled over ice cream for a quick dessert.
INGREDIENTS: makes approx 25 cookies
300g Salted butter
340g Plain flour
85 g Cocoa
1 tbs Baking powder
255g Brown sugar
200g Milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your over to 180 Celsius (fan forced).
- Gently melt the butter in a small pot on a medium heat, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- In a separate small bowl beat your eggs with a fork until fluffy.
- Add the sugar to the bowl of dry ingredients, then pour the melted butter on top of the sugar, using a wooden spoon mix until the butter is combined.
- Add the eggs and milk chocolate chips and continue to mix until the eggs and chocolate chips are completely incorporated.
- Line an oven proof baking tray with baking paper.
- Using your Wiltshire Cookie Scoop, scoop out a ball of cookie dough (make it a generous scoop like you would a scoop of ice cream) place the scoop of dough in your hand, using both hands roll into a ball (like you would if you were making a meat ball) then place on to your baking tray, press down lightly on the cookie dough.
- Repeat the process until you have used all the cookie dough – place the cookies three across (depending on how wide your baking tray is) to allow them a little room to expand in the oven.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and cook for 8-9 mins, you want them to be slight soft in the centre.
- Remove from the oven and immediately transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Serve warm with some ice cream and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Great crumbled over ice cream.
- It is important to have the sugar at the top of your mixing bowl when you add the melted butter as this will help the sugar dissolve evenly into the mixture.
- Make sure you take the cookies off the baking tray immediately and place them on the cooling rack. This will help the cookies cool down quicker and avoid them over cooking / drying out.
Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @tastebyronbay so we can see all your awesome home cooking creations.